As you probably already know, Google is currently the leader in Internet and telecommunications services.
The features go beyond a simple search portal and have successfully developed operating systems such as Android for mobile devices, televisions and other devices, while there are extensions with different functions for users.
In this sense, Gmail is just one of many services on Google’s huge platform, which consists mainly of email. It has successfully moved other users such as Yahoo or Hotmail and is now able to meet or exceed key user needs.
It is one of the sites with the highest number of registered users, not only because of its connection to Google, but also because of the simplicity of its design, which means that it is easy to use. By connecting to Gmail, you can better connect to other professional services such as YouTube, Google Drive, Google Plus and others.
As mentioned before, Gmail is easy to use and its inbox allows you to perform a variety of functions that go beyond sending and receiving emails to our contacts. Let’s talk about the most important tasks it offers.
What does Gmail offer you?
Typical and Less Typical Messaging Features
It’s not just about sending and receiving e-mails. We can prioritize them, sort them by tags, configure our spam mailbox, customize their design with standard themes and even download add-ons to expand our offering.
Not to mention an excellent chat that we can organize to our taste.
With the continuing progress of telecommunications year after year, email providers have not wasted time developing their applications for mobile devices.
Gmail is one of the best, so you can run almost all of the site’s features from a computer, but with the convenience of a smartphone.
Mass storage: Google Drive
This is undoubtedly one of the best advantages of a Gmail account.
We know very well that for some time now, the size of the most common files, such as audio, video, image or PDF files, has tended to be larger, which sometimes hampers sending.
With Google Drive, you cross the boundaries when sharing large files (more than 24 megabytes) via email.
Create a Gmail account
To take full advantage of this messaging platform, it is important to create a Gmail account.
It will be complicated for some to have to register, but the truth is that the process is quite simple, and below we will explain step by step how to do it.
- The first step is to place us on the Google homepage.
- Once there, we click on the Google Mail option at the top right of the page. This will take you to the Gmail homepage, where you can sign in or create an account. Click on the “Create an account” option.
- This will take you to the next window, where you’ll need to fill out a form with your first and last name, the name you want to use for your new Gmail account, and the password for that account. When you’re done, click “Next”.
- Now you need to validate the account with a phone number, for security reasons Google needs to make sure that you want to register and not a robot. Enter your phone number and click “Next”.
- Google will send you a six-digit SMS code that you’ll need to enter to sign up for your Gmail account. Once you’ve created your new account, you’ll be redirected to your Gmail inbox.
There’s one thing you should keep in mind when creating an account with Gmail and any other website, and that’s that Google gives you the option to enter a different phone number or email.
This can be very useful if you have problems accessing your account.
Gmail email login
Once we have created our Gmail account, we can connect to the platform and use the messaging service and all its add-ons.
The next step is to connect to Google Mail. As you can see below, it’s very easy and fast.
- Once again, we will go to the Google home page.
- Click on the “Sign in” button at the top of the screen. This will take you to the login window.
- Enter the email address you created and the password you chose in the appropriate field, then click “Next”.
- This enables us to use all the functions of the Google Gmail platform as an e-mail service provider.
Video – Google Gmail/email account me login
Retrieve a Gmail account
The fact is, however, that many of them avoid the task of having to enter their e-mails again and again and, above all, having to remember their password.
But there will still be situations where we have to close it and start over for some reason, but what if we don’t remember our password?
In these times this is not a problem, because the creators of such platforms are aware of these situations. In particular, Google offers a variety of options for restoring your Gmail account, all based on the information you entered in your registration.
If this happens to you, don’t worry, we’ll tell you how to retrieve your mail.
- As usual, we will connect to the Google homepage.
- There we click on the “Gmail” option at the top and it takes us to the page to connect to the platform.
- Enter your email address in the login window and click “Next”.
- A new window will appear in which you must enter your password. Since this is exactly our problem, we click on the option “Forgot password?”.
- This will take us to a window where we will be asked to enter a password that we have already used for the same email. If this option is not very useful (because we can’t remember the password), we can choose “Try another way”.
- When you click this button, you will be taken to a window where you can send a confirmation code to the alternate email address you provided in your Gmail registration details. If you can, just open it and type it in the appropriate field to change your Google password.
- If it doesn’t help us, we can try again. If you click this option, you’ll be taken to another window asking you to specify the month and year in which you created that Google Account. If we can do this, the next step would be to change our password as in the previous step.
As you may have noticed, there are several ways to restore your Gmail account.
In most cases, the best result is to send the confirmation code to the other email address or phone number, but it’s really up to each person to decide.
Now, when you create your Gmail account, it is best to enter the data in a secure place that is accessible to you so that you can skip these final steps. We hope this article has been useful to you.
Sources and resources: