The introduction of the GST has accelerated people’s registration of their businesses under the GST.
There are many people who, for one reason or another, still do not know the process of accessing the GST portal.
In this article we will look at the steps necessary to log in to GST, and you can access your account on the portal. In addition, we’ll look at the possible ways in which you can resolve problems on the portal should they arise.
- 1 What is GST Portal?
- 2 How can you register with GST?
- 3 How to log in to GST?
- 4 What services does GST offer you?
- 5 Video – How to login GST portal for first time user / New registrant
- 6 FAQ: Common problems during GST login
What is GST Portal?
The GST Portal is the government’s website (www.gst.gov.in) to simplify services and ensure compliance with GST rules as prescribed by law.
How can you register with GST?
To enter the GST portal, first of all you will have to register under the GST regime. To register for the GST, you will need to go to the official GST website (GST) and request registration.
Registration can be finalized by sending all the necessary documents and filling in the most important information. Once the GST registration process has been completed, you can log in to GST at any time.
How to log in to GST?
To log in to the GST Portal, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the GST website, follow this link: www.gst.gov.in.
- Now click on the “Login” tab at the top right of the screen.
- You will be redirected to a page like the one below. Enter your username, password, and Captcha code, then click “LOGIN”.
- You will be redirected to the control panel like the one below, where you can choose the option you want and continue.
How do I log in to GST for the first time? (GST login)
- If you are going to log into GST for the first time, there is a separate option available that appears at the bottom of the attached screen shown in point 2 above. If you wish, you can click on “First time login”, to log in to GST using the GSTIN you were granted when you registered with GST.
- You will be redirected to a screen like the one you will see now. You can enter the corresponding data (Provisional Id / GSTIN), and the password and thus log in to GST.
What services does GST offer you?
GST offers various services related to registration, filing declarations, refunds, GST payments and more services for the user. Promoting the concept of a digital India, GST grants the taxpayer to submit all online applications on the same portal without any manual intervention, nor the physical submission of documents.
Among the updated services available GST are the following:
- Modification of the record (basic/non-basic fields).
- Application for:
- Cancellation of registration.
- Access the composition fee or withdraw the composition fee.
- Reimbursement and tracking of details of invoices transferred to ICEGATE for reimbursements…
- Information about stocks for composition quote.
- Electronic cash display and credit ledger.
- Submission of GST forms and declarations.
- Tracking of submitted forms and declarations.
- Make GST payments and see Challan’s story.
- Furnishing LUT for export.
- Presentation of:
- Requests for early termination.
Video – How to login GST portal for first time user / New registrant
FAQ: Common problems during GST login
Forgot your username?
There is an option available on the GST home page, “Forgot Username” that you can use to reset your username on the GST website. If you click on that button, you will see the following screen:
You can enter your GSTIN and create an OTP that will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile phone number. When you enter the OTP you have received, you will be able to generate a new user name and log in to the GST website using the same one.
Forgot your password?
On the main page of the GST portal is the “Forgot Password” option, which you can use to reset your GST password. By clicking on this button, you will see the following screen.
You can enter your username and create an OTP that will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile phone number. When you enter the received OTP, you will be able to create a new password and log in to the portal using it.
Didn’t you get the OTP?
If you have received the OTP for the first time, you have the option to resend the OTP again. If you click on the option resend, you will regenerate the OTP. If you still don’t receive the OTP in your email, it may be that the mail has arrived in the spam folder of your mailbox.
If you still cannot receive the OTP SMS message on your mobile phone, you can check with your service provider that your mobile number is not activated with the “Do not disturb” services.
Do you get the access denied error?
Sometimes it happens that after logging in to GST, an error called “Access Denied” appears and the following is displayed:
This can happen for a variety of reasons. First, you should check to see if someone else is logged into the same GSTIN from another system, as it often expires if more than one person is logged in at the same time.
Second, this also happens when your password expires, and so you will need to click on the “forgot password” option found on the home page and try resetting your existing password so as not to allow this error to appear again when you log in again.
If you still encounter this problem, then the GSTN may have compatibility issues with Firefox or Google Chrome. You can try using Internet Explorer for best results.
If you encounter any other problem related to registration in GST, you can leave your complaint at the GST portal, at the following address: https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/