Investing in the stock market is certainly a good way to fight inflation and earn a little extra money.
If you have come to this article, it is almost certain that you have already opened a Demat and Trading account in Sharekhan, you have been well informed and you are ready to buy shares.
Sharekhan is one of the best and most popular brokers in India and gives you virtually uncomplicated services.
Sharekhan offers three ways to buy and sell shares.
- Online (via their website).
- Mobile App.
- Off line.
Some time ago Sharekhan renewed its website. To be able to buy or sell stock through your website, you need a computer, an Internet connection and login credentials; the username, member password and trading password that Sharekhan sent you by email at the time.
Here are the steps to follow to log in to Sharekhan and execute an order.
- Go to Sharekhan’s website.
- Now, click on the “Trade Now” option, the login page will open in a new tab.
- Now, log in with your username, your member password and the trading password as you will see in the image below.
- Once you are logged in, you will be redirected to the Sharekhan panel where you can check your balance, view reports, manage your portfolio and control many other things. If you want to buy or sell shares, click on “Trade Now”, located in the main menu bar.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page in which you will see the “New Order Form” that you will have to complete in order to buy shares as shown just below. You will be able to see the real-time evolution of the shares on the right side of the order form, by putting the name of the shares on the order form.
Another option is to download the Sharekhan application for both Android and iOS mobile devices.
Download the app based on your mobile phone’s operating system.
These are the steps to follow to login to Sharekhan Mobile and be able to buy or sell shares:
- Open the Sharekhan app on your mobile device
- Log in to your account by entering your username, member password and trading password.
- Now, you will be redirected to the dashboard, click on “Trade” as shown in the image below.
You have already learned the terminology used in the order form, so it is very easy for you to place an order. Once you place your order, you will be able to check and manage your portfolio if you go to the app control panel and click on “Eq Holdings”.
Important: You will have to change one of your passwords, either Member or Trading Password) every fourteen days.
Sources and resources: