The Internet has made everything so much easier since it came into our lives. People use the nets to find out the latest news, to look for interesting information and even to make a purchase if they don’t feel like leaving home. But, without a doubt, the great utility of this technology is linked to communication.
There are many applications that take advantage of the digital environment to facilitate communication between users, and one of the most extraordinary is a proposal from Microsoft; we are talking about Skype.
This tool has been connecting people for years so that they can not only talk through text chat, but also through phone calls or even video calls.
- 1 Enter Skype from a mobile phone
- 2 How to sign in to Skype from your computer
- 3 Problems logging in or logging out of your Skype account
Enter Skype from a mobile phone
How do I sign in to Skype correctly? This question, and many others, are answered in this short guide. We have taken every step of the way, with special care in the details, so that nothing gets away from you and you can be registered without any inconvenience.
It is important to note that in order to sign in to Skype.com on your mobile phone, you must have previously registered a Microsoft, Outlook or even Hotmail account. If you don’t have one, you won’t be able to sign in unless you complete the registration process. If you do, just follow the simple steps below:
Go to the Skype page
- Open the web browser on your phone or mobile device, smartphone or tablet and, from the search bar (usually at the top), enter the following URL: www.skype.com
Login to your account
- Once on the Skype online portal, click on the symbol for the three horizontal lines to display the options menu. When it’s open, go to “My account”. Now, once you’ve found it, click on it to sign in with your Skype account.
Your user details
- The on-screen menu prompts you to enter your email, phone or username first. Enter it and when you have, click on the blue button with the text “Next”.
- After that, you must enter the password that you will currently save for your user. You can’t check the “Stay signed in” box so you don’t have to go through this procedure again to sign in to your account. Now, to finish, simply click “Login”.
- You’re already signed in to Skype.com, where you can manage your account and finish setting it up if something’s pending.
Note: A recommended method for using Skype on your mobile is to download the official application they provide. It’s a more convenient way to chat and make video calls from our mobile. Here are the official download links for the Skype app for Android and iOS.
Skype (Android – iOS)
How to sign in to Skype from your computer
There are two main ways to sign in to Skype from your computer. The first is to go to your website, to the web version of this application and the second is to download the software for direct access. Let’s look at the two options.
Access from the web
- If you decide to sign in to Skype Online, the first thing you need to do is enter the URL of the page through your browser. In the address bar, type the following: www.skype.com
- Now go to the top right corner, click “Sign in” and then “Use Skype online”. This will take you to the web tool where you can chat and call.
- After that, enter the usual details. First, enter the email, phone or user you’ve linked to Skype. Do this and click “Next”.
- Continue to enter your account password, this time by clicking “Sign in”. Now you can start using the online version of Skype on your computer.
Login with the software
- To do so, you must download the program or application that we have provided in the previous links, or if you do not want to access it here and once inside, click on “Download Skype”.
- You will be sent to the Microsoft store to proceed with the download. Since it’s free software, you won’t have to pay anything. Click “Get” to download and start the installation.
- Follow the procedure accepting all the requirements (although it’s usually a little automated) and, once completed, run Skype.
- In the initial window, click “Sign in” and proceed exactly as explained in the previous section. That is, by filling in your email, phone or username and adding your password when necessary.
- Now you can start using Skype correctly with the supplied software.
Problems logging in or logging out of your Skype account
Although using Skype is not too complicated, there may be different problems when trying to sign in or log in. Here, we’ll resolve the most common situations, as well as some common questions.
Can I sign in to Skype with my Facebook account?
- Since January 2018, it is not possible to sign in to Skype with a non-Microsoft account. Therefore, you don’t have the option to try to sign in with your Facebook account.
- On the other hand, you can use this account linked to Office Online, Outlook, OneNote, OneDrive and all the services that Microsoft offers its users. All this as a result of the unification carried out by the company a few months ago.
I forgot my password and I can’t access Skype
- If you forgot your password to sign in to Skype, you have a simple solution. To continue, we recommend that you go to the Skype website and run the login process as usual, and after accessing the password entry field, change the process.
- Now, instead of trying to log in, go to the ‘Forgot my password’ option and click on it. Microsoft will ask you in a new window why you can’t log in. If necessary, check the “Forgot my password” box and click “Next”.
- In the next step, you will see the email or username of your Microsoft account, which is used in Skype, and underneath an image with letters and numbers that you must type in the corresponding field. Do this and click “Next”.
- You will be given the option to send a security code to the email you used for security reasons. You can also choose, if you haven’t connected anything before, the option “I don’t have any of these proofs”. We recommend that you tick the box and click “Next”.
- In this part, enter the email to which you want the security code to be sent, and when you enter it and click the forward button, you’ll need to take a look at that email’s inbox, locate the message from Microsoft, and copy the code to insert it into the field that appeared in your browser.
- Then enter the new password twice and click “Save”. You’ve already changed your password and can sign in to Skype as normal.
My Skype automatically closes to the right when I sign in
- This is a common problem that occurs when Microsoft performs a maintenance task, or performs important updates. If it persists for some time, you are using an obsolete version of Skype and need to update it. To do this, click on the following link: upgrade Skype now
- In the window that appears on the screen, click “Refresh Now”. You will be redirected to a page where you can find the different versions of Skype for the different supported devices.
- Choose your preferred option and click the “Download Skype” button to start downloading and updating. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to sign in smoothly and use this software normally.